Wednesday 1 April 2009

The Freak Show

The Freak Show

Freak

[Not found before 16th c.; possibly introduced from dialects, and cognate with OE. frícian (Matt. xi. 17) to dance.]

1. A sudden causeless change or turn of the mind; a capricious humour, notion, whim, or vagary.

OED

To dance is OK, to be capricious is not my want. How can you have a girlfriend called Caprice? She is on the borderline, between civilisation and the wild lands where Dragons (NP) live.

Weirdos (NP) are different from Freaks (ISFP). I suppose I always knew this, but I never wrote it down before.

1 comment:

Perseus said...

Well, I set my monkey on the log
And ordered him to do the Dog
He wagged his tail and shook his head
And he went and did the Cat instead
He's a weird monkey, very funky.

http://www.asklyrics.com/display/BOB_DYLAN/I_SHALL_BE_FREE_NO_10_Lyrics/335662.htm