Friday 4 September 2009

Bridge to Nowhere

[QUOTE=Technical;1190783]I'm [I]tentatively[/I] concluding that a four-function order can be assigned to each type in my system. My observations and theoretical logic both point in this direction. I'll explain the logic, but leave you to make your own observations, and check them against it.

Here is the INTP explanation: Because of the preference for perceiving [B]in general[/B], which is an objective pursuit, at the expense of judging in general, a subjective pursuit, it stands to reason that Sensing will be afforded more concentration than Feeling in the INTP. It also follows that because Intuition is in competition with Sensing, that Thinking should easily find its way into slot 2 in the order (And the T/F competition naturally places F last). Therefore, we are left with a function order of Intuition/Thinking/Sensing/Feeling for the INTP.

A sidenote is that I've found the best word yet to describe our "core psyche's" relationship with the functions: [B]Consideration[/B]. More consideration is typically given to a function which is higher in the order.

Orders (I/E is not relevant):

[I]Intuition Primaries:[/I]
NTP: N/T/S/F
NFP: N/F/S/T

[I]Sensing Primaries:[/I]
STP: S/T/N/F
SFP: S/F/N/T

[I]Thinking Primaries:[/I]
NTJ: T/N/F/S
STJ: T/S/F/N

[i]Feeling Primaries[/i]
NFJ: F/N/T/S
SFJ: F/S/T/N[/QUOTE]


This in Sussex (England) is called "Bridge to Nowhere" or "Do you come from Brighton?"

It is the the type function of the mind.

TPNI-"the actuary"
This type is the most ambivalent of identity as well as the most logical of the subtypes. The pure debater.

or the

TNPI-"the saboteur"
The other of the flipped rationals, the TNPI has found a favored heuristic with which to destroy any system. This type prefers to destroy in service of a stronger whole, which it ironically knows will never be perfect or complete.

Of course, that will not like you down the Local. Clean cut kid just out of college, can't even pull a pint.

No comments: