Wednesday 7 April 2010

Nestling

Quote:
Originally Posted by snail View Post
Uh... okay, if you insist. I don't like how tactless they can be. I don't like how their desire not to be censored can make them cruel and emotionally dangerous. They care more about being free to act like jerks than about being sensitive to the needs of others. INTPs are tied with the ESTJs for the type that has caused me the most pain. We clash. Hard.

They tend to succumb easily to intellectual arrogance and are impossible to argue with because they are frequently dismissive and closed-minded, accepting only certain kinds of information as valid regardless of the nature of the topic. This wouldn't be quite so problematic if they didn't like to argue so much. It seems to be something they do for fun, just to practice getting their minds into every little crevice of an idea.

They are much too detail oriented, focusing on specifics when the general concept is actually more important, and will spend more time picking at and criticizing any imperfect details in an example or analogy than trying to understand the overall meaning of the broader expression. This leads to many arguments on linguistics that never get past the point of trying to define terms in a tedious, meticulous way, even if the original point being argued had nothing to do with how words are used and was supposed to be about something more interesting and important.

They are impossible to satisfy. No matter what a person does right, or how brilliant an idea is, there will always be criticism for not doing better or taking it to the next step. There is no way for an INFP to please an INTP in order to achieve a feeling of security in the social relationship. There will always be a nagging feeling that nothing will ever be good enough and that all efforts are completely wasted. This means that eventually I will give up trying to please an INTP, and instead of breaking myself to pieces struggling for approval, I eventually learn to just avoid the person. With an INTP, I never end up with a sufficient level of security to feel safe being open and intimate about ideas and feelings, so any conversation is pointless. I need to feel safe in order to talk about my more complex ideas, and if I know that something I find interesting enough to share or speculate about will be cut apart with a scalpel, I would rather keep it to myself. I always end up feeling guarded with INTPs, even the ones I like. I don't know if I will ever be able to trust one not to hurt me, even if they don't always do it on purpose.

This is the moralist version of the INFP.

F-type-"the nurturers"

FINP- "the moralist"- The SJ of the INFP universe, this subtype carries a very robust moral code and is not shy about expressing it.

The NP in the INTP reacts against it. This usually means the influence of the dreaded ESFJ. Suspend Judgement.

PS: The INTP does not feel safe because of the ESFJs. Your consultant should be the INFJ Skylark and your best match should be an ENTP, and your description does sound more like that of an ENTP. The INTP does not like security (prison) whereas the ENTP specifies the prison conditions (sometimes and often not). But the Phoenix version of the INTP accepts security.

No comments: